Re: Too many clients connected

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Too many clients connected
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Venki,

Postgres is using a thread per _realized_ connection, and reserves some
memory per _configured_ connection. So setting the configured connection
count too high is not free even if normally you won't have that many
connections actually open. And of course at peak load the number of
connections will go high, causing higher resource usage, which might be
worse than handling the same load with a fixed number of connection
managed by a connection pool.

So the short answer to your question is: you should look into using a
connection pooling solution for accessing the DB. I guess you're using
.net, which I have absolutely no idea about, but I guess there must be
some connection pooling project, general or postgres specific - search
for it :-)

HTH,
Csaba.