Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Mittwoch, den 05.10.2005, 18:37 -0700 schrieb CSN:
> Just so I know (and am armed ;) ), are there any new
> comparable features in MySQL 5.0 that aren't in
> PostgreSQL up to the forthcoming 8.1? AFAIK, PG just
> lacks updatable views (which are on the TODO).
>
> MySQL 5.0 new features
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql-5-0-nutshell.html

Nice detail:

"Views that use UNION ALL are disallowed even though they might be
theoretically updatable, because the implementation uses temporary
tables to process them."

not sure if silently declare part of the view as updateable
is SQL standard... you can do all you want if you add the
update (and also insert) rule to the view definition
(which is in fact only a select rule in PG)

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?