Re: [HACKERS] Bug tracking

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Bug tracking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have no problem if someone wants to set up a more formal bug tracking
> system.  Setting up the system is not hard.  It is keeping it
> maintained.  Right now, I have a TODO file, and I modifiy it with a text
> editor, and run a script that ftp's it to our web site.

... which is a good low-tech, low-maintenance solution.

> I am willing to put that file in a common location so other people can
> make changes to the file.  I could check it into the cvs tree every time
> as doc/TODO, so anyone with CVS access can make modifications to it.

I think if we do anything at all in this area, we should set our sights
much higher than just opening up the TODO file for community
maintenance.  The bug tracking systems that I've dealt with keep *far*
more than one line of info about each bug.  Ideally, all the info that
you might currently try to find out by digging through the archives of
pgsql-bugs and pgsql-hackers would be in the bugtrack database: original
report, test cases, status, who's working on it, cross-links to similar
bugs, etc.

New-feature requests might be kept track of in the same way, although
I haven't seen anyone using a bugtrack system for that purpose.