Announcing Veil

От Marc Munro
Тема Announcing Veil
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This is to announce the first, Alpha, release of Veil, a database
security add-on for Postgres. It allows databases to be created with
efficient row-level access controls; different users have access to
different subsets of data.

Veil is hosted on pgfoundry at http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/
Documentation is here:
http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/curdocs/index.html

If there is sufficient interest, I would ultimately like Veil to be
added to contrib - we will have to see how things pan out.

I am announcing this to the postgres hackers list as I hope for review
comments from a qualified community.  All comments will be welcomed.

If you would like somewhere controversial to start your review, take a
look at veil_shmem.c which hooks into the postgres shared memory
subsystem.  Since I was unable to dynamically assign a LWLock using
LWLockAssign (none available), I have fairly arbitrarily overloaded the
use of existing LWLocks.  When the flames die down perhaps we can
discuss making a small number (one would be enough for me) of LWLocks
available.

Thank you.

__
Marc Munro