Re: Check constraints on non-immutable keys

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Check constraints on non-immutable keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My scintillating contribution to this discussion is the observation
> that unrestorable dumps suck.

No doubt, but is this a real problem in practice?  I can't recall many
field complaints about it.  And the ones I do recall wouldn't have been
prevented by a check as stupid as "are there immutable functions in
here".  I still say that what such a check is likely to do is encourage
people to mis-label mutable functions as immutable ... which will cause
them a lot of *other* headaches.