Re: R: feature proposal ...

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: R: feature proposal ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
> > Paolo Magnoli wrote:
> >> Can't you just use a view?
>
> > no because a new is not a heap ...
>
> I think Paolo's idea is much better than munging the syntax of COPY,
> though.  Fixing COPY so that you *could* copy from a view would provide
> all the desired functionality without any syntactic warts.

Well, I will probably help Juergen with the implementation. It seems
that fetch data from VIEW is possible by portal stuff.

Tom, do you think that there's any other (better) way how we can
implement it?
Karel

--
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>

Сообщение: Re: Parser bug results in ambiguous errors/behaviour
Сообщение: Re: Parser bug results in ambiguous errors/behaviour