How to add column from old_table to new_table?

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема How to add column from old_table to new_table?
Дата
Re: How to add column from old_table to new_table?  ("A. Kretschmer" <akretschmer@despammed.com>)
Re: How to add column from old_table to new_table?  (Thomas Pundt <mlists@rp-online.de>)
Re: How to add column from old_table to new_table?  (Gnanavel S <s.gnanavel@gmail.com>)
Re: How to add column from old_table to new_table?  ("Leif B. Kristensen" <leif@solumslekt.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have an old_table with two columns: "id" and "old_attribute". I have
new table with the columns "id" and "new_attribute".

old_table and new_table contain exactly the same id's. Now I want to
copy all the old_attribute from old_table to the corresponding
new_attribute in the new_table

Is that possible in a SQL script (pgadmin or psql console?) and if so,
what is the syntax in this example?

I have tried something as:

insert into new_table(new_attribute)
value( select old_attribute from old_table, new_table where old_table.id
= new_table_id)
where new_table.id = old_table.id

TIA

--