Re: running vacuum in scripts

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: running vacuum in scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You could use the system wide crontab, which is configured via
/etc/crontab, and there you can specify what user should execute the
command, without needing passwords. The system wide crontab is executed
as root and it will su to the user you specify.

For vacuuming, you could try to use the autovacuum daemon, it is
included in the contrib part of postgres. If you installed from source,
you will likely need to separately install autovacuum, if you installed
a prepackaged postgres, chances are that you already have the
pg_autovacuum executable installed. It is fairly easy to set up.

HTH,
Csaba.