Re: What should this query match?

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Re: What should this query match?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 12:48 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> These queries should return the same answer if the query does not contain the
> value 'Jan%' (or differently capitalized versions).  I suspect that you are
> actually attempting to use % as a wild card, but none of your queries use a
> pattern matching operator, so I'd go back and check if your queries really
> are what you think they should be.
Indeed, I am looking for a wildcard query, getting all records that are
smaller than lowercase Jan*. From your remark I gather that this is not
the correct syntax ;-).

Could you give me an example? I understand that the following query
returns all matches but I want everything smalle than the match

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM prototype.customers
WHERE lower(lastName) ilike 'jan%'

TIA
--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: What should this query match?
От: Daryl Richter
Сообщение: Re: Need help with 'unique parents' constraint