Re: MS SQL - PostgreSQL

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: MS SQL - PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Mittwoch, den 14.09.2005, 13:02 +0700 schrieb Irfan Syukur:
> Dear Tino,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Can PostGreSQL handle dynamic 'stored procedure'

whatever that means? :)
Postgres stored functions are not fully equivalent to
MSSQL stored procedures. Instead you use them just like
regular database functions or even tables.

> Can you give an example of writing 'stored procedure' in PostgreSQL ??

Did you have a look into the documentation?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/

and specifically:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/xplang.html

try it - the postgres documentation is really good!

btw, this would be worth reading (not only for you ;))

HTH
Tino Wildenhain

PS: your mail server has a problem by now. I got an
error.