Re: full outer join performance

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: full outer join performance
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 13:28, Ben wrote:
> Hrm, as I understand that page, there's not much that can be done about
> the join order for outer joins. At least, not when there's on 3 tables
> and 1 outer join involved. Am I missing something?

You might be able to do some kind of thing like:

select * from (
    select * from table1 <whereclausehere>) as a
    ) left join (
    select * from table2 <whereclausehere) as b
on     (a.somefield=b.somefield2)
where    <anotherwhereclause)

or something.

Tom, would that help the planner make better choices for this kind of
query?