Re: Problem using NULLIF in a CASE expression

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Problem using NULLIF in a CASE expression
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You're misusing the case construct, and try to compare a text result
(from the 'nullif') with a boolean result (from the 'not null'). You
probably should use the other form of case:

SELECT CASE WHEN NULLIF(btrim(' A string', ' '), ') IS NULL THEN NULL
ELSE 6 END AS type_id;

I guess you were looking for something like:

db=> SELECT CASE WHEN NULLIF(btrim(' A string', ' '), '') IS NULL THEN
NULL ELSE 6 END AS type_id;
 type_id
---------
       6
(1 row)

db=> SELECT CASE WHEN NULLIF(btrim(' ', ' '), '') IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE
6 END AS type_id;
 type_id
---------

(1 row)