Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Дата
Re: Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am trying to create a foreign key, followed by creating anindex on the
foreign key, using PgAdmin III

The command that are generated :

ALTER TABLE prototype.orderlines ADD CONSTRAINT fk_orderlines_orders
FOREIGN KEY (orderobjectid) REFERENCES prototype.orders (objectid)
       ON UPDATE RESTRICT ON DELETE RESTRICT;

CREATE INDEX fki_orderlines_orders ON
prototype.orderlines(orderobjectid);

Ont the second command PostgreSQL hangs forever. The
prototype.orderlines table is completely empty, the prototype.orders
table contains 1.000.000+ records.

Is this a known feature and am I doing something wrong or a bug?

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.