Re: Poor performance on HP Package Cluster

От Ernst Einstein
Тема Re: Poor performance on HP Package Cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi !

Sorry, for my late answer. I was unavailable for a few days...

Yes, I'm using the build-in HP Smart Array Controller. Both, the internal disks, and the external storrage are using the controller.

Can you send me your test results? I'm interested in it.

I've done some testing now. I've imported the data again and tuned the DB like I was told in some performance howtos. Now, the database has a good performance - until it has to read from the disks.

Greetings Ernst

Am Donnerstag, den 01.09.2005, 21:54 -0700 schrieb Luke Lonergan:
Dan,

On 9/1/05 4:02 PM, "Dan Harris" <fbsd@drivefaster.net> wrote:

> Do you have any sources for that information?  I am running dual
> SmartArray 6402's in my DL585 and haven't noticed anything poor about
> their performance.

I've previously posted comprehensive results using the 5i and 6xxx series
smart arrays using software RAID, HW RAID on 3 different kernels, alongside
LSI and Adaptec SCSI controllers, and an Adaptec 24xx HW RAID adapter.
Results with bonnie++ and simple sequential read/write with dd.

I'll post them again here for reference in the next message.  Yes, the
performance of the SmartArray controllers under Linux was abysmal, even when
run by the labs at HP.

- Luke

Ernst Einstein <Crusader@gmx.ch>