Re: PL/pgSQL: EXCEPTION NOSAVEPOINT

От Matt Miller
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL: EXCEPTION NOSAVEPOINT
Дата
Re: PL/pgSQL: EXCEPTION NOSAVEPOINT  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Rewriting all my Oracle code function-by-function could be painful
> > I'm still trying to hold on to my fantasy that I can hack Postgres (and
> > contrib/ora2pg) into submission.
>
> Why don't you just use EnterpriseDB?

I looked at EnterpriseDB a few months ago.  The installation errored.
It left stuff in /var/opt, which I consider non-standard for a Red Hat
machine.  The whole product just didn't feel clean to me.  I admit
that's a pretty limited and subjective evaluation, especially for a beta
product, but I was in the mode of broadly evaluating alternatives, so I
moved on.  Maybe I need to look at it again.

Basically I feel more secure tracking the core project, even if I need
to maintain some of my own patches.