Re: Transaction error

От Casey T. Deccio
Тема Re: Transaction error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> "Casey T. Deccio" <casey@deccio.net> writes:
> > I recently shut down my machine (as far as I know, it went down
> > cleanly).  When I brought it back up, one of my databases was messed
> > up.  Here is the error I get when I try to select:
>
> > ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 4114057
> > DETAIL:  could not open file "/var/lib/postgres/data/pg_clog/0003": No
> > such file or directory
>
> > I tried restoring a backup of the data directory that did contain the
> > 0003 file, but that didn't work either.
>
> Define "didn't work" ... what happened, exactly, when you tried it?

Sorry, I was too tired last night to try it again and post the error.
Here it is:

ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 4114057
DETAIL:  could not read from file "/var/lib/postgres/data/pg_clog/0003"
at offset 237568: Success

> People have occasionally dealt with this sort of scenario by creating
> dummy clog segment files by hand, and I'd think that restoring the
> segment file from a backup would do as well or better.

How would I create a dummy clog segment file, if needed?

Regards,
Casey