Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time

От Matt Miller
Тема Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:59 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> If a table does not exist, we don't want to check for that and bounce
> the function; possibly the function will only be called in a context
> where the table does exist.

The Pl/pgSQL compiler should be able to dive into SQL statements, hit
the catalog, and bounce a function because of invalid database object
references.  Ideally this capability could be turned off on demand.

I am thankful that Oracle's PL/SQL compiler checks these things for me.
I don't remember the last time I intended to write code that referenced
something that did not exist in the database.  I agree,though, that some
developers might rely on such a capability in some circumstances.

Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time