Re: postgres idle process and other problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres idle process and other problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen@fivetec.com> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:59:27AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is there a core dump file left over from that crash?  (Look in the
>> $PGDATA/base/nnn subdirectories.)

> No there isn't. All the directories look like this:

You probably are starting the postmaster with "ulimit -c 0" or local
spelling thereof, which prevents core dumps.  Might want to change
that, so that you have some hope of debugging crashes.  The crash
shown in your log needs to be looked into, if it's reproducible.

> Should we be worried about the idle process thing?

Looked to me like a bunch of clients that hadn't disconnected.