Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

От Matt Miller
Тема Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 13:13 -0400, Nicholas Walker wrote:
> >You can't use savepoints, you can trap errors which is implemented using
> >savepoints. You still might want to write code like this:
> >
> >BEGIN

> >SAVEPOINT foo;

> >IF SOME_ERROR_CODE = 1234 THEN
> >   ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT foo;
> >END

> I agree, and I think savepoints would be much more usefull if you could
> call them from pl/pgsql...

Maybe if PL/pgSQL had user-defined exceptions then the language's
identity of savepoints and exception blocks would be a little easier to
work with.  Is anything happening with the patch for user-defined
exceptions, posted at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-06/msg00475.php (and
also discussed elsewhere)?

Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion