Re: Read/Write block sizes

От Steve Poe
Тема Re: Read/Write block sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Chris,

Unless I am wrong, you're making the assumpting the amount of time spent
and ROI is known. Maybe those who've been down this path know how to get
that additional 2-4% in 30 minutes or less?

While each person and business' performance gains (or not) could vary,
someone spending the 50-100h to gain 2-4% over a course of a month for a
24x7 operation would seem worth the investment?

I would assume that dbt2 with STP helps minimize the amount of hours
someone has to invest to determine performance gains with configurable
options?

Steve Poe