Re: Missing CONCURRENT VACUUM (Was: Release notes for

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Missing CONCURRENT VACUUM (Was: Release notes for
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On E, 2005-08-22 at 02:14 +0300, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Probably nonInVacuumXmin needs more care, i.e. initialising and setting
> it outside GetSnapshotData, at trx start and/or end. I'm too sleepy now
> to investigate further (it's 2:10 am here).

The attached patch works now as advertized so that concurrent non-vacuum
transactions don't interfere with vacuums OldestXmin calculations.

I fixed also the "VACUUM FULL case it manages to invoke *both*
full_vacuum_rel and lazy_vacuum_rel " bug.

But I could not find the breakage (from your Aug 17 email) with

> > In my patch I specifically exclude TruncateSUBTRANS from using the
> > inVacuum flag
>
> You missed vac_truncate_clog, though.

Has somethoing changed in vac_truncate_clog or am I just too
lazy/stupid ?

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>

Вложения