От: Jeffrey W. Baker
Тема: Re: Need for speed
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Need for speed  (Ulrich Wisser, )
 Re: Need for speed  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: Need for speed  (John A Meinel, )
 Re: Need for speed  ("Jeffrey W. Baker", )
 Re: Need for speed  (Alex Turner, )
  Re: Need for speed  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: Need for speed  (Dennis Bjorklund, )
  Re: Need for speed  (Ulrich Wisser, )
   Re: Need for speed  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Need for speed  ("Jeffrey W. Baker", )
   Re: Need for speed  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Need for speed  (Ron, )
 Re: Need for speed  (Ron, )
  Re: Need for speed  (Matthew Nuzum, )
   Need for speed 2  (Ulrich Wisser, )
    Re: Need for speed 2  (Frank Wiles, )
    Re: Need for speed 2  (Ron, )
     Re: Need for speed 2  (Kelly Burkhart, )
      Re: Need for speed 2  (Alex Turner, )
    Re: Need for speed 2  ("Merlin Moncure", )
     What *_mem to increase when running CLUSTER  (Andrew Lazarus, )
      Re: What *_mem to increase when running CLUSTER  (Steve Poe, )
      Re: What *_mem to increase when running CLUSTER  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Need for speed  ("Roger Hand", )
  Re: Need for speed  (Christopher Browne, )

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 11:15 +0200, Ulrich Wisser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for all your suggestions.
>
> I can see that the Linux system is 90% waiting for disc io. At that time
> all my queries are *very* slow. My scsi raid controller and disc are
> already the fastest available.

What RAID controller?  Initially you said you have only 2 disks, and
since you have your xlog on a separate spindle, I assume you have 1 disk
for the xlog and 1 for the data.  Even so, if you have a RAID, I'm going
to further assume you are using RAID 1, since no sane person would use
RAID 0.  In those cases you are getting the performance of a single
disk, which is never going to be very impressive.  You need a RAID.

Please be more precise when describing your system to this list.

-jwb

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] bitmap scan issues 8.1 devel
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] bitmap scan issues 8.1 devel