Re: Need for speed

От Jeffrey W. Baker
Тема Re: Need for speed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 11:15 +0200, Ulrich Wisser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for all your suggestions.
>
> I can see that the Linux system is 90% waiting for disc io. At that time
> all my queries are *very* slow. My scsi raid controller and disc are
> already the fastest available.

What RAID controller?  Initially you said you have only 2 disks, and
since you have your xlog on a separate spindle, I assume you have 1 disk
for the xlog and 1 for the data.  Even so, if you have a RAID, I'm going
to further assume you are using RAID 1, since no sane person would use
RAID 0.  In those cases you are getting the performance of a single
disk, which is never going to be very impressive.  You need a RAID.

Please be more precise when describing your system to this list.

-jwb