Re: Sequence dependencies

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sequence dependencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I notice that in the release notes there is a large query that should be
> run if upgrading from prior to 8.1, to ensure that sequence dependencies
> are recorded.
> Should we not just make this part of contrib/adddepend?

No ... this is not an automatic "you surely wanted this" change.  It is
a fundamental change in semantics.  Probably 95% of users will find it
an improvement, but that's not enough to justify having tools that
automatically screw the other 5%.

(Also, I thought we'd determined that adddepend is unmaintained and
likely broken...)