Re: Table locking problems?

От Steve Poe
Тема Re: Table locking problems?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dan,

Do you mean you did RAID 1 + 0 (RAID 10) or RAID 0 + 1? Just a
clarification, since RAID 0 is still a single-point of failure even if
RAID1 is on top of RAID0.

How many users are connected when your update / delete queries are
hanging? Have you done an analyze verbose on those queries?

Have you made changes to the postgresql.conf? kernel.vm settings? IO
scheduler?

If you're not doing so already, you may consider running sar (iostat) to
monitor when the hanging occurs if their is a memory / IO bottleneck
somewhere.

Good luck.

Steve Poe