postmaster fails to start

От Natalie Ann Johnson
Тема postmaster fails to start
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Can anyone make a suggestion as to how to fix the following problem:

It started since having to cold boot my server (running cygwin & postgres) because it's keyboard/mouse got hung up (Win NT 4.0 Server) and unfortunately the postgresql database could not have been shut down properly. Since then when I try to log into phpPgAdmin to access my data online, it tells me I have the wrong username/password - (which I don't). So, I've tried doing a proper shutdown (pg_ctl stop -w -D /usr/share/postgresql/data -s -m fast) and it shut down without errors. Then tried to start it again (pg_ctl start -w -D /usr/share/postgresql/data -l logstart), but it tells me pg_ctl postmaster does not start and below is a portion of the log file generated while trying to start (complete log file attached). I also tried starting up the postgresql service in control panel-->settings-->services but I get the message "Could not start the PostgreSQL be started Internal Windows Error 2140 has occurred"). Everything was working fine before I had to reboot and no other changes have been made to the server. I've also tried removing the postmaster.pid file and starting postmaster, but no luck. Below it mentions database system being interrupted - what would cause that?

Some other errors noted within my log files are:
FATAL 1:  configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions
(I haven't made any changes to this file, so how can it now have the wrong permissions?)
FATAL 1:  Can't read lock file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock: Permission denied
(I tried deleting this file, didn't make a difference, still postmaster won't start)

Any thoughts or suggestions are most appreciated.
Thank you,
Natalie

The Data Base System is starting up
DEBUG:  database system is in production state
ZeroProcSemaphore: semctl(id=4902,SETVAL) failed: Identifier removed
Server process (pid 338) exited with status 65280 at Fri Nov 22 13:02:40 2002
Terminating any active server processes...
Server processes were terminated at Fri Nov 22 13:02:40 2002
Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
The Data Base System is starting up
DEBUG:  database system was interrupted at 2002-11-22 13:02:39
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 5063048)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 5063048); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 15635; NextOid: 19898
DEBUG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress...
DEBUG:  ReadRecord: record with zero len at (0, 5063112)
DEBUG:  redo is not required
DEBUG:  database system is in production state

<<logstart3>>

Вложения