Re: Upgrading from 7.1

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Upgrading from 7.1
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 13:41, Jonathan Villa wrote:
> I've been googling a little bit and appears that 7.1 pretty old.  What steps are
> advised to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.4?

The best way, in my humble opinion, is to build a new machine, and
install 7.4 or 8.0 on it.  Backup the old 7.1 machine using the pg_dump
or pg_dumpall program on the 7.4/8.0 box, and restore it to the 7.4/8.0
machine.  Then test the heck out of it with your applications.  If it
all works, then over a weekend, repeat the process, replacing the 7.1
machine with the 7.4/8.0 machine.  That way, you have a backup plan,
should things go wrong at some point, you can revert to 7.1.

and yes, 7.1 is pretty old.

Depending on hold old your 7.1 version is (like 7.1.0 or something) you
might want to take a backup of it and upgrade pgsql on it to the latest
7.1.xxx version, where xxx was the largest version released.