Re: Per-Database Roles

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Per-Database Roles
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Eh?  Why would the presence of usernames in pg_hba.conf mean that they
>> have to be global objects?

> I havn't had a chance (yet) to look, but perhaps the current code
> attempts to validate the role before figuring out what database is being
> requested?  We'd have to essentially invert that, of course, for this..

Even more to the point, what do you do when the "database" column is
"all", or a list of more than one database name?

It's possible that we could define this away by saying that only
globally known usernames can be listed in pg_hba.conf, but I think
we'll still have implementation problems with doing authentication
for per-database usernames.