Re: transaction timeout

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: transaction timeout
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 09:40, Dr NoName wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been quite satisfied with the level of support
> from the PostgreSQL community, but this time I'm
> getting nothing. So, is transaction timeout option
> planned at all? What's the alternative solution to a
> client that's hung in transaction?

The common view on this kind of thing is that if your client is broken,
you need to fix it.

That said, I have seen some folks post about writing a perl or shell
script that runs every x minutes looking for connections that have been
idle for > a certain amount of time and kill the backend associated with
it (sigterm, not -9...)

Generally speaking, I'd rather code my own solution to these problems
than do it the way Oracle does.  Often times the choices someone else
makes for you in fixing these problems are suboptimal for your system.