Re: Obtaining resource usage statistics from execution? (v 9.1)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Obtaining resource usage statistics from execution? (v 9.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
> I am trying to continue profiling which in turn feeds query and index
> tuning changes for the AKCS-WWW forum software, and appear to have no
> good way to do what I need to do -- or I've missed something obvious.

Do you really want the application involved in this?  Usually, when
people try to profile a workload, they want everything to just get
logged on the server side.  There are some contrib modules to help
with that approach --- see auto_explain and pg_stat_statements.