Transaction id wraparound questions

От Marc Munro
Тема Transaction id wraparound questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It seems that we have not been vacuuming our production database
properly.  We have been explicitly vacuuming all tables individually but
have not vacuumed the entire database.

A recent vacuum of the entire database gave us the dreaded
"You may have already suffered transaction-wraparound data loss."
warning.

We have so far encountered no problems but I am wondering about the
safest course of action right now.  We cannot easily take an outage to
perform a full dump and restore.

Questions:
1) What is likely to happen if we encounter transaction id wraparound?
2) Will a full database vacuum fix the problem?
3) Can it make things worse?
4) Other than dump and restore, what options do we have?

Information:
This query:
select datname, datvacuumxid, datfrozenxid from pg_database;

returns this:
"Production",1173213507,2246955329
"template1",  938856359, 938856359
"template0",        427,       427