Re: problems with types after update to 8.0

От Jason Tesser
Тема Re: problems with types after update to 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Richard and thank you for your help.  Here is the actual message from
the pg log

ERROR:  42804: column "datetimein" is of type timestamp without time
zone but expression is of type character varying
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.

I can aviod this by rewritting my queries and casting all the stuff
though I don't want to have to do this.  I am trying to figure out what
is happening so I can find a proper solution, like I said this all
worked with pg 7.4

Here is my prepared statment in my java class

  private static final String MANUALINSERT =
      "insert into pactime (datetimein, pacpayperiodlink, wslink,
deptlink, commment, type) " +
      "values ?,?,?,?,?,'man') ";

  private static final String DATEOUTUPDATE =
      "update pactime set datetimeout = timestamp, commment = ?,
type='man' where pactimeid =?";

and here si the way to fix but there are too many queires to have to
change them all.

  private static final String MANUALINSERT =
      "insert into pactime (datetimein, pacpayperiodlink, wslink,
deptlink, commment, type) " +
      "values (cast(? as timestamp),?,?,?,?,'man') ";

  private static final String DATEOUTUPDATE =
      "update pactime set datetimeout = cast(? as timestamp), commment
= ?, type='man' where pactimeid =?";

here is where I am executing the statement in java

        stmt = con.prepareStatement(DATEOUTUPDATE);
        stmt.setString(1, dateout);
        stmt.setString(2, comment);
        stmt.setString(3, pactimeid);