Re: Collation rules and multi-lingual databases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Collation rules and multi-lingual databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> On 22 Aug 2003, Greg Stark wrote:
>> If it's deemed a reasonable approach and nobody has any fatal flaws then I
>> expect it would be useful to put in the contrib directory?

> I'm not sure that ERROR if the locale cannot be put back is sufficient
> (although that case should be rare or non-existant).

A bigger risk is that something might elog(ERROR) while you have the
"wrong" locale set, denying you the chance to put back the right one.
I think this code is not nearly paranoid enough about how much it does
while the wrong locale is set.

> Unless something else
> in the system resets the locale, after your transaction rolls back, you're
> in a dangerous state.  I'd think FATAL would be better.

I'd go so far as to make it a critical section --- that ensures that any
ERROR will be turned to FATAL, even if it's in a subroutine you call.

Сообщение: Re: Collation rules and multi-lingual databases
Сообщение: Re: Collation rules and multi-lingual databases