Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)
Дата
Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)  (Kaare Rasmussen <kar@kakidata.dk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 13:53, Josh Berkus wrote:
> mysql: these utilities have been moved to project sites (such as
> GBorg), and I believe that my2pg is broken with current versions
> of MySQL.   Can we remove this from contrib?

I believe this version now lives at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/projdisplay.php, although
there are other versions. I agree it should be removed.
> reindexdb: now obsolete per the REINDEX {database} command.
> Remove from contrib.

actually I think part of the point of this was to give a command line
version of the reindex command, like we have for vaccum. If that still
matters, then it should probably stay.  Actually it should probably be
converted to C and moved to /src/bin.

> xml and xml2: both by John Gray (jgray@azuli.co.uk).  John, why
> do we have two of these?  Otherwise, data_types/.

istr that xml2 had some expanded capabilties at the expense of
additional security issues, but we should wait for the author to jump
in.

Josh, was this comprehensive? I don't see dblink, and was thinking there
was some others missing... soundex ?.

Robert Treat