Re: Stumped on PlPgSql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stumped on PlPgSql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
AGRE Enterprises <agree@godzone.net.nz> writes:
> I have a Plpsgsql function that I have been using in 6.5.1 and it works fine.
> The same function on 7.0.2 gives me an error. I have looked in the doc and haven't
> seen any change in syntax but maybe Im blind.

> The error is
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "$1"

Not much help is it :-(.  Apparently there's something wrong with the
way the plpgsql function executor is generating plain-SQL queries from
your function, but we need more context to tell just what.

Here's what I'd do to get more info: make sure that the postmaster is
creating a log file (you should have started it without -S, and
redirected its stdout and stderr to some convenient log file, not
/dev/null).  Next, run psql with PGOPTIONS set for debugging output
level 2 or more, say
    export PGOPTIONS="-d2"
    psql yourdb
(syntax of setting environment variables varies depending on what
shell you use, but hopefully you know what to do for yours).  Then,
try to execute the function, so that you get the error report.  Now
you can look in the postmaster's logfile and you will see the exact
sequence of queries that the plpgsql function executor tried to submit
to the main SQL parser.  This will at least narrow down the problem
to one line of the plpgsql function.  If it's still not clear what's
wrong, send in the logged queries and we'll take a look...