Re: Very slow bytea extraction

От msmbarabino@virgilio.it
Тема Re: Very slow bytea extraction
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

>Well, that eliminates the theory that you've got a lot of dead
tuples
>slowing it down.  I come back to the conclusion that it's
probably a
>client-side problem.  Have you tried watching with "top" or
similar tool
>to check which process is eating all the time?

No,
actually I haven't yet.
I have noticed that during the time the query
executes there is neither so much CPU load nor network (communication
with db) load. The client seems to hang, then after a minute or so the
query returns data.
I also thought this problem could be related to db
encoding but changing it didn't help at all.
If it's a client-related
problem, I can't understand why such different clients behave the same
way

Regards

Massimo