Re: 'true'::TEXT::BOOLEAN

От Markus Bertheau ☭
Тема Re: 'true'::TEXT::BOOLEAN
Дата
Re: 'true'::TEXT::BOOLEAN
Список pgsql-sql
В Птн, 03/06/2005 в 14:20 +0300, Achilleus Mantzios пишет:
> O Markus Bertheau β^Ψ­ έγραψε στις Jun 3, 2005 :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What's the type I need to convert text to before I can convert it to
> > boolean?
>
> just 't' will suffice.

Well, that's not my question. I have a plpgsql function like that:

CREATE FUNCTION object_new(class TEXT, properties TEXT[])

which I call like

object_new('Car', ARRAY['color', 'red', 'new', 'true'])

That means set color to red and new to true. In the function I need to
call

object_set_boolean_property(object_id INT, property_name TEXT,
property_value BOOLEAN)

And I can't call it with a TEXT variable, because casting from TEXT to
BOOLEAN isn't possible.

Markus
--
Markus Bertheau ☭ <twanger@bluetwanger.de>