Re: NOLOGGING option, or ?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: NOLOGGING option, or ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On K, 2005-06-01 at 18:05 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> What we could do is to do no-WAL automatically for empty tables (like
> when a database is first loaded),

You forget that some databases use WAL for PITR / replication and doing
it automatically there would surely mess up their replica.

How is index creation handeled if it is not logged in WAL ? - is it not automatically WAL'ed ? - Must one recreate
indexesafter PITR or failover ?

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>