Re: Effectiveness of pg_escape_string at blocking SQL

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: Effectiveness of pg_escape_string at blocking SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 11:33 -0500, Ed Finkler wrote:
> Volkan YAZICI wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > If you think, they're not enough for SQL-Injection attacks, I'd advice
> > you to patch libpq code, not PHP.
>
> This is very helpful information.  My initial thinking is that this
> wouldn't be effective at catching SQL injections, but I'll need to
> bounce this off a few other folks.

Given the modus operandi of an SQL inject attack, this should be
perfectly effective at stopping them.

As Bruno said, however, the "bind parameters" approach is a better
approach in general.

Cheers,
                    Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267

Вложения

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: