Re: Unable to Delete a Row

От Steve Tucknott
Тема Re: Unable to Delete a Row
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Kevin,
Is it anything to do with the following from the trigger procedure
section:
 A trigger function must return either null or a record/row value having
exactly the structure of the table the trigger was fired for.

Row-level triggers fired BEFORE may return null to signal the trigger
manager to skip the rest of the operation for this row (i.e., subsequent
triggers are not fired, and the INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE does not occur for
this row). If a nonnull value is returned then the operation proceeds
with that row value. Returning a row value different from the original
value of NEW alters the row that will be inserted or updated (but has no
direct effect in the DELETE case). To alter the row to be stored, it is
possible to replace single values directly in NEW and return the
modified NEW, or to build a complete new record/row to return.
And the fact that you're returning null?

--

Regards,

Steve Tucknott
ReTSol Ltd