Re: triggers/functions across databases

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: triggers/functions across databases
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 07:08, Eric Jones wrote:
> We are migrating from Informix to Postgres 7.4.7 and are having a
> difficult time finding if postgres can insert/update tables across
> different databases. Namely using functions/triggers when an
> update/insert is performed on a table it updates/inserts in a table on a
> different database. Informix can do this with no problem but we were
> wondering if there is an easy way for postgres to do this. I've searched
> numerous sites and found vague answers. Thanks in advance.

Could you solve this problem using schemas in one database?  OR do you
need the data to be in two physically separate locations?  If so, you
might be better off using listen / notify between the two databases, or
using an external program to begin transactions in both places and
commit or roll them back together.