Re: Performance question

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Performance question
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 14:07, LiSim: Rainer Mokros wrote:
> Hello,
> Anyone has try to install Postgres on a AMT Opteron (Dual Core) box with 4
> CPU’s and 64GB main memory and 3 TB Raid 10 (24 disks) Linux (2.6), to run a
> datawarehouse of 1TB.
> Any points

No, but if you buy my ticket I'd fly out and install it for free just to
play on such a machine for an afternoon.  Seriously.

For that many CPUs, you might want to try running the latest snapshot or
daily CVS tip, as Tom made some changes that seem to really increase
performance on larger SMP systems.

For performance tuning, look at the tuning guide on varlena first:

http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html

I'd also make sure you're getting the best RAID controller you can
afford, with a reliable and fast driver for your OS.