Re: How can I write trigger on a columns insert/update?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: How can I write trigger on a columns insert/update?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 04:35, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Dinesh Pandey wrote:
> > How can I write trigger on a columns insert/update?
> >
> > CREATE TRIGGER mytrigger
> > BEFORE
> > INSERT OR UPDATE
> >           OF mycolumn ON mytable
>
> You don't I'm afraid. It's not a feature that's supported yet. You have
> to check which column(s) were changed in your functions.
>
> It is on the TODO list though:
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html

Just to add there is someone working on this for 8.1, hopefully it will
get done. Also the workaround is to create a regular trigger and then do
a check in the function

IF NEW.mycol <> OLD.mycol THEN... it's not quite as spiff but should do
what you want.

Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.
Сообщение: Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to