Re: Inherited constraints and search paths (was Re:

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Inherited constraints and search paths (was Re:
Re: [GENERAL] Inherited constraints and search paths (was Re:  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Berend Tober <btober@seaworthysys.com> writes:
> > Now what, oh most wise one?
>
> OK, now I finally get the point: you are creating child tables in
> different schemas than their parents live in.

> Comments anyone?

Best thing to do is to prevent people from creating child tables in
different schemas. Or at least advise against it.

Doing anything to restrict dropping of inherited constraints seems like
wasted effort and potentially annoying anyhow.

My partitioning efforts will eventually distinguish between inherited
and non-inherited constraints, since the former are fairly useless for
partition elimination. So I can't see a reason to care whether they are
there or not, if the user knows better.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs