Re: psql -U user -l cive all db list

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: psql -U user -l cive all db list
Дата
TIP 9  (Joseph Shraibman <jks@selectacast.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Am Dienstag, den 17.05.2005, 08:58 -0500 schrieb Scott Marlowe:
> On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 04:52, Richard Huxton wrote:
> > Margus Roo wrote:
> > >
> > > What I must change that non root user will see only own databases?
> >
> > You can't at the moment. There has been some discussion about this, but
> > at present read access to the system catalogues is available to everyone.
> >
> > That doesn't mean they can connect to the database (that's controlled by
> > your pg_hba.conf file). It does mean you can see what databases are
> > available though.
>
> Everyone realizes that even Oracle doesn't provide this functionality,
> right?

And you can get close to that if you carefully moc around with
the system tables and views and their permissions.
But if you do it wrong - restore is your friend :-)

Regards
Tino
--
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Distinguishing between connections in pg_hba.conf
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: psql -U user -l cive all db list