Re: SQL99 hierarchical queries stalled

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: SQL99 hierarchical queries stalled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On T, 2005-05-17 at 00:42 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> >> What's the next step?
>
> > I suppose the first thing would be to look over the patches I
> > mentioned and the SQL:2003 specification, then put together a
> > preliminary patch and send it to -hackers.
> I seem to recall some discussion of how to do this in the past;
> have you trolled the pghackers archives?

I think that Jasons inspiration for doing it came from the the fact that
there are already now abandoned patches for doing  it.

So studying/understanding the current patch, and describing and getting
feedback from pgsql-hackers should be quite a good way of gaining
insight in trickier parts of postgres.

So it will not be jumping at new problem and writing a patch, but rather
trying to get an existing patch into good shape for being accepted in
the backend.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>