От: Rod Taylor
Тема: Re: Prefetch
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Prefetch  (Matt Olson, )
 Re: Prefetch  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Prefetch  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: Prefetch  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: Prefetch  (Matt Olson, )
  Re: Prefetch  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Prefetch  (Sam Vilain, )
  Re: Prefetch  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
   Re: Prefetch  (Rod Taylor, )
   Re: Prefetch  (Bricklen Anderson, )
   Re: Prefetch  (Mischa Sandberg, )

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 12:53 +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > Another trick you can use with large data sets like this when you want
> > results
> > back in seconds is to have regularly updated tables that aggregate the data
> > along each column normally aggregated against the main data set.
>
> > Maybe some bright person will prove me wrong by posting some working
> > information about how to get these apparently absent features working.
>
> Most people just use simple triggers to maintain aggregate summary tables...

Agreed. I've also got a view which calls a function that will 1) use the
summary table where data exists, or 2) calculate the summary
information, load it into summary table, and send a copy to the client
(partial query results cache).

It's not all nicely abstracted behind user friendly syntax, but most of
those features can be cobbled together (with effort) in PostgreSQL.

Сообщение: Re: Bad plan after vacuum analyze
Сообщение: Re: Bad plan after vacuum analyze