Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 15:04, Alexandre Biancalana wrote:
> Thank you for the detailed explanation Scott, they are very handy !!
>
> I reduced the shared_buffers to 32768, but the problem still occurs.....
>
> Any other idea ??

Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion that shared_buffers wasn't causing the
issue really.

Sounds like either a hardware fault, or a BSD bug.  I'd check the BSD
mailing lists for mention of said bug, and see if you can grab a spare
drive and install the last stable version of FreeBSD 4.x and if that
fixes the problem.

If you decide to try linux, avoid the 2.6 kernel, it's still got
issues...  2.4 is pretty stable.

I really doubt it's a problem in postgresql itself though.

Сообщение: Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10
Сообщение: Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10