Re: Suggestions for a data-warehouse migration routine

От: Mischa Sandberg
Тема: Re: Suggestions for a data-warehouse migration routine
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Quoting Richard Rowell <>:

> I've ported enough of my companies database to Postgres to make
> warehousing on PG a real possibility.  I thought I would toss my
> data
> migration architecture ideas out for the list to shoot apart..

[...]
Not much feedback required.

Yes, dropping the entire database is faster and simpler.
If your database is small enough that you can rebuild it from scratch
every time, go for it.

Yes, vacuum analyze required; creating indexes alone does not create
statistics.

From a I'd dump an extract of pg_stat[io_]user_(tables|indexes)
to see how index usage and table load changes over time.
--
"Dreams come true, not free." -- S.Sondheim, ITW