Problems after upgrading from 7.4.6 driver to 8.0.2 driver

От Mark Lewis
Тема Problems after upgrading from 7.4.6 driver to 8.0.2 driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
After upgrading from pg74.215.jdbc3.jar to postgresql-8.0-310.jdbc3.jar,
I've encountered problems getting a "This statement has been closed"
exception when using a PreparedStatement.

The application is using Jakarta's DBCP 1 connection pooling with
prepared statement caching, and is configured to execute "select 1" each
time a connection is checked out from the pool to ensure that the
connection is still alive, so I'm pretty sure the server connection is
still good.

Are there any known gotchas migrating to the new server prepared
statement implementation?  Something that could be causing statements to
close when they otherwise would not be?

Thanks,
Mark Lewis

Thanks,