Re: weird SQL statement question

От Mischa Sandberg
Тема Re: weird SQL statement question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Quoting Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca>:
> At 01:55 PM 4/23/05, Tadej Kanizar wrote:
>
> >Ok, so I installed the latest version of Postresql (8.02) on a
WinXP
> SP2
> >machine..
> >
> >My question is why won't the statement SELECT * FROM table work,
> whereas
> >the statement SELECT * FROM �table� works!
> If you create a table using quotes and mixed-case, you will need
> quotes
> every time you reference the table.  Don't use quotes when you
create
> the
> table and you won't need them when you acces the table with other
> commands.
I don't suppose that the original poster actually named the table
"table"? In which case, being a keyword, it will ALWAYS need quotes.
"Dreams come true, not free." -- S.Sondheim, ITW

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: How to select from many database ??
От: Alexander Vlasenko
Сообщение: unsubscribe